- Experience selling specialty chemicals and additive to the Coatings, Adhesives, sealants and Elastomers (CASE) and Plastics Industries.
- Excellent existing customer relationships in CASE, Masterbatch and/or Plastic Compounders that will foster quick account penetration and establishment of Maroon as a valued supplier to these companies.
- Ability to sell based on FAB’s (Features, Advantages, Benefits), understands market pricing, competitive landscape and has demonstrated the ability to close business.
1. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
1.1. Sales Territory Leadership
- Territory Gross Profit growth:
- Manage all assigned accounts within the region to sustain and grow GP$.
- Develop new business opportunities at acceptable gross profit margins.
- Identify customer needs and match to Maroon products and solutions
- Participate in Product and Sales training.
- Sustain and improve the level of service offered to our customers via unique and new service initiatives working within company operating procedures.
- Prompt follow-up on company and supplier supplied leads.
1.2. Principal Supplier Engagement/Coordination
- Liaison with Principal Supplier(s) on specific accounts within their territory
- Promote key products at Customers and Targets to grow profit and market share.
- Participation in new product introductions, training, joint sales calls and testing.
1.3. Organizational Development
- Provide input to marketing/market research on opportunities to exploit product positions
- Proactive communications to work synergistically with the entire organization.
- Active participation in sales meetings, customer visits and all technical programs.
- Positively impact the culture of Maroon Group LLC.
2. ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE
2.1. Direct reporting to the Regional Sales Manager.
2.2. Indirect reporting to Executives
3. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
3.1. Education and Training
- Technical degree preferred.
- Professional Sales Training.
- Lean Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, and Quality Systems training preferred
- 5-10 years technical sales, product management and/or lab experience.
- Sales experience in the Chemical Industry, Specialty Chemicals, Specialty Additives, Polymer Additives, Raw Materials supplier to CASE and Plastics Markets.
- Demonstrated success as a Sales professional and/or Applications Specialist participating in sales teams to profitably grow product sales.
- Professional sales management discipline: use of CRM, documentation of sales activities (call reports, account plans, customer/prospect profiles, itineraries, account profitability review), development of a territory plan.
- Success introducing new products to a market and supporting base business.
- Lead by example Maroon’s culture and values.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Act legally and ethically in all professional relationships in adherence with Maroon culture and values statements.
- Gross Profit growth of territory at acceptable margins.
- Number of successful new product introductions and expansion of customer base.
- Management of territory profitability.
- Sales productivity metrics based.
Contact Jay McHugh, President of CNX at 214-432-2514or email@example.com